After the students’ union election the president of the College union (Principal of the College)will nominate Staff Advisor from the members of the teaching staff of the college after consultation with the executive committee for the college union.
The main duty of the Staff advisor are as follows;-
1. Advise on the college union activities for the concerned year.
2. Advise on the students welfare activities.
3. Help them to attain the objective of the students union
4. Insist the college union to conduct the Co-curricular activities.
5. Help to Prepare the Budget and Plan of action for the year.
6. Give advice on the conduct of Arts, sports and games.
7. Advise on the D-zone and Inter zone art festival of the University of Calicut.
8. Advise them to procure fund for the D-zone and Inter-Zone art festival.
9. Insist them to follow strict rules of the college union activities and help them to keep theProper accounts and records.
10. Develop the discipline and morale among the students.
11. Supervise and give the guidance on over all activities of the college union.
Objectives of College Students' Union
The College also has sectional associations in each department.
The term of the Union is generally one year from the date on which the Union assumes office or till the date of the elections of the Union in the subsequent year.
The Union has a Union Council comprising the following office bearers:
The offices Chairman through General Captain shall be filled by election by all the students of the college and the offices of representatives by election by the students of the particular association or class as the case may be.
There shall be an executive committee for the Union as approved by the University of Calicut
The elections to the College Union shall be held in the college with the permission of the Vice-Chancellor. It shall be held by secret ballot as per the Calicut University election rules in force.
Prof Girish. M.C
Webdesign @ IPIX Solutions.com, Copyright © PMGC