Panampilly Memorial Government College Library
The College Library welcomes staff and students from all knowledge areas. Its extensive collections are ideal for in-depth research, and there is a large reading room perfect for private study. Opening hours From 9.00 am to 04.30 pm on all working days (without break). The time may be extended at the request of students and other academics.
Current issues of the various journals received by the college and daily news papers are kept in the library during the working hours. Students should maintain absolute silence in the library. They should not remove any journal or news paper from the library dogear or tear off pages or pictures or deface the journals in any manner whatsoever. The General Library has two sections:
The books in the reference library and books which are rare and out of print are intended for reference and consultation only within the library. Reference books may be obtained from the Librarian from 09.00 am to 04.30 pm on all working days. The books shall not be taken out of the library except with the special sanction of the Principal.
The open access system is followed in the library which is partially automated. The issue of books from the lending library will be governed by the following rules: All regular students and staff of this college shall be enrolled as members of the library. Books shall be issued on all working days. Members are allowed to borrow books at a time as follows:
- U.G. students – two books
- P.G. Students – four books
The books are to be returned by the borrower within a period of 14 days from the date of issue
General Instructions to the users of the library
- If the due date falls on a holiday, the book may be returned on the next working day. Students should be in possession of the Identity Card while entering the library.
- Perfect silence must be observed in the library.
- Members should deposit their personal belongings at the property space provided at the entrance.
- Members are expected to be well informed of the notices issued by the Principal/ Librarian from time to time. No excuse will be entertained for ignorance of any information notified earlier.
- No books shall be kept for more than 14 days by a borrower.
- If the book is not returned when due or called for, a fine per week of default will be levied.
- The Principal may call any book borrowed by a student at any time.
- All marking, underlining, dog-earing etc., in the books are punishable with a fine or with replacement. Books should be returned intact.
- The students must satisfy themselves as to whether the book issued to them is in good condition, and if it is not, the matter has to be brought to the notice of the Librarian. The borrower shall be held responsible for all damage to books noticed at the time of their return to the Library, and he/she will have to pay the cost of replacement of the book along with any fine imposed by the Principal.
- If a book is lost by the borrower, the person has to pay the cost of replacement of the book together with fine, if any, that the Principal may impose upon him/her.
In addition to the main library, the collections are complemented by the Departmental Libraries that contain subject-focused material in separate locations attached to various departments in the college. There are four Departmental libraries: Commerce, Economics, Mathematics, and Political Science.